The 4 Most Common Types of Mold

Mold is a type of fungus that has a nasty habit of springing up in places where it’s not wanted. You often find it in the corner of rooms in your home if there’s a lot of dampness or condensation and it’s not a positive development. Mold can look unseemly and it can also cause illness if it’s allowed to spread. There are many different types of mold and having a good understanding of the different types is important if you want to be able to identify and remove them from your environment. Once mold takes hold it’s difficult to get rid of so it’s best to avoid it in the first place. Here are the most common types of mold that you may come in contact with.

Allergenic Molds

Allergenic molds don’t usually cause fatalities, but they can cause a lot of discomfort in some individuals. For those that are prone to allergies or are suffering from asthma allergenic molds can be a major problem. They’re difficult to get rid of, but not impossible. A good solution is to introduce a dehumidifier into your home in order to remove excess moisture. It’s also important to try and identify any extra sources of moisture in your home so that you can remove them. Following these guidelines will help to prevent allergenic molds from taking root.

Deadly Pathogens

In disaster movies that focus on end of the world scenarios there’s usually some kind of deadly pathogen that’s at the center of it all. What you may not know is that pathogens or actually a deadly form of mild. In some instances they will introduce symptoms that are similar to pneumonia, but they are potentially far more dangerous. Since you can’t actually see them it’s more difficult to avoid them, but it’s not impossible. Keeping your home clean and free of moisture can help to prevent the conditions in which pathogens thrive.

Toxic Molds

Toxic molds are some of the deadliest you may actually come in contact with. These particular molds are definitely something we want to avoid. If ingested they can affect the immune system and in some cases may even cause cancer. Their spores are not visible to the human eye so identifying them can be difficult, but they can be controlled in the same way that other molds are. Eliminating moisture is a good place to start and pine oil is a great disinfectant for eliminating toxic molds.